TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship is offered to young researchers from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in the physical sciences in the departments and laboratories of the National Center for Physics (NCP), Islamabad(Pakistan).
|Host Institute||National Center for Physics (NCP), Islamabad|
|Eligible Nationality||Candidates from a developing country|
|Minimum Degree Held||PhD|
|Deadline||31 May 2023|
Join the Facebook Group for more Scholarship, Fellowship, Internship, and career updates
National Centre for Physics (NCP)
The National Centre for Physics was established to promote physics and applied research in the country and region. The vision of the NCP is to become a center of excellence in Physics and related emerging disciplines, similar to the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (AS-ICTP) in Trieste, Italy. Visit NCP
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Details
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in departments and laboratories of the National Center for Physics (NCP) for a minimum of six months and a maximum of twelve months in one of the following fields: Plasma Physics, High Energy Physics (experimental and theoretical), Quantum Information, Applications of Techniques ion beam using a tandem accelerator (5MV), atomic physics and spectroscopy, laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS), modeling, simulation and computation, astrophysics and cosmology, vacuum science and technology (vacuum standards, vacuum coating, and material), additive manufacturing and 3D printing and artificial intelligence.
The NCP will provide a monthly stipend that should be used to cover living expenses such as food, accommodation, and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be exchangeable into foreign currency.
The candidates are eligible to apply for TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship in the following fields:
- Plasma Physics
- High Energy Physics (experimental and theoretical)
- Quantum Information
- Applications of Techniques ion beam using a tandem accelerator (5MV)
- Atomic physics and spectroscopy,
- Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS),
- Modeling, simulation, and computation,
- Astrophysics and cosmology,
- Vacuum science and technology (vacuum standards, vacuum coating, and material),
- Additive manufacturing
- 3D printing and artificial intelligence.
- The language of instruction is English.
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship
To apply for the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be domiciled in a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not have any visa for temporary or permanent residence in Pakistan or any developed country;
- have a PhD in natural sciences;
- apply for a scholarship within five years of obtaining a PhD in natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and carry out a research assignment there;
- present a certificate of good health from a qualified doctor;
- provide an official acceptance letter from NCP. Applications for admission must be sent to the Director General (GM) Cooperative and Academic Activities Directorate (CAAD) (firstname.lastname@example.org) which will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. When contacting the GM, CAAD, applicants must accompany their request for an acceptance letter with a copy of their CV and research proposal outline. See the sample pre-acceptance letter that you can download below or that is included with the online application form.
- provide proof of English proficiency if the medium of education was not English;
- provide proof that they will return to their home country after completing the scholarship;
- not be interested in other tasks during the internship period;
- bear financial responsibility for all accompanying family members.
Timeline for TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship is due to open from April onwards. Applicants are advised to apply for a provisional acceptance letter as early as possible, before the call start date. Note that only acceptance letters from the same year as the year of application are eligible.
Join Scholarships in Australia Facebook group for more Scholarships and Fellowship updates
How to Apply
Applications for the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Program can ONLY be submitted to TWAS through the online portal. Instructions on how to use the online application form are available for download below.
- The call for applications is open until 31 May 2023.
- Applicants must submit a Letter of Acceptance from the NCP when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without pre-acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applicants are advised to apply for a provisional acceptance letter as early as possible, before the call start date. Note that only acceptance letters from the same year as the year of application are eligible.
Applicants can only apply for one program per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolios. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in a given year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs. One exception: An institution director who invites an external scholar to share his or her expertise in TWAS visiting professor programs may still apply for another program.
Join European Union Fully Funded Scholarships Facebook group to explore latest scholarship opportunities
You may also like to see: