GWF postdoctoral positions are announced in Canada in various fields. Applications from highly motivated candidates holding Ph.D. degrees are encouraged.
The University of Saskatchewan is in charge of the groundbreaking pan-Canadian research initiative known as Global Water Futures (GWF) (USA). In order to provide disaster warnings, more accurate climate and water future predictions, and decision support tools required for adaptation to change and risk management, GWF is transdisciplinary, works with a wide range of users, and integrates the natural, social, health, and engineering sciences.
University of Saskatchewan
In Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, on the east bank of the South Saskatchewan River, the Institution of Saskatchewan (U of S, or USask) is a public research university that was established on March 19, 1907. The University of Saskatchewan provides a huge selection of courses and programs. Agriculture and Bioresources, Arts and Sciences, Biotechnology, Edwards School of Business, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Kinesiology, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Nutrition, Physical Therapy, and Veterinary Medicine are some of the fields that are covered. Wikipedia
GWF Postdoctoral Positions in Canada
The Global Institute for Water Security (GIWS) at the U of S invites applications from deserving applicants for the 9 postdoctoral fellowship slots described below in order to strengthen Canada’s capacity to deliver breakthrough water modeling science.
1. GWF Postdoctoral Positions at the University of Saskatchewan
Hydrological & Water Quality Forecasting
- Flood Forecasting
- Seasonal and Drought Forecasting
- Data Assimilation
- River Ice Modelling
- Water Quality
Climate and Diagnostic Hydrological & Water Quality Modelling
- Climate Change
- Hydrological Modelling
Water Resources Modelling
- Water Resources (including hydro-economics)
- Water Resources (decision-making under uncertainty, water quality, and environmental flow needs)
We are seeking exceptional applicants with a track record of prestigious publications and entrepreneurial skills that has led to international recognition. Must possess:
- Relevant postgraduate training (Ph.D. or previous PDF) in the above fields.
- Ph.D. awarded within the five years immediately preceding the appointment
- Proven track record of modeling/numerical simulation research and student supervision experience.
- Expertise in integrated modeling, high-performance computing, and analysis and manipulation of large data sets is desirable.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Evidence or leading publications in the scientific literature.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- A statement of purpose (3-5 pages) detailing relevant academic excellence, research
- The names of the three referees
- Skills, communication, interpersonal, and leadership qualities
- Updated CV (max. 10 pages)
- journal publications and conference presentations/publications
- Evidence of previous research productivity as demonstrated by the assessee’s authorship
Send the completed application to email@example.com
For more details, click here
- Phani Adapa, PhD, PEng
- Director of Operations
- Global Water Futures Program
- National Hydrology Research Centre
- 11 Innovation Blvd, Saskatoon, SK S7N 3H5
- Phone: 306-966-2271;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for GWF Postdoctoral Positions in Canada application is open i.e. until filled.